Our goal at Desert Home Inspections is to provide the most thorough home inspection possible. Please assist us by completing this checklist before your inspection.
- All utilities must be turned on.
- If any pilot lights need to be manually lit, please ignite them. (Gas logs, water heaters, etc.)
- Unless there is a safety reason that requires them to be de-energized, all electrical breakers must be in the “ON” position.
- The electrical panel must be accessible.
- If they are required to operate an appliance or fixture, please have remote controls readily available. (Fireplaces,
- Tape should be removed from any electrical switches that are safe to operate.
- Clear items from all sinks/tubs and have drain stoppers present.
- Main water shut-off valve must be accessible.
- Provide all keys for any areas needed. (Crawl space access, locked interior and exterior storage closets, keyed window locks, etc.)
- Provide disappearing stair hook for attic access.
- Provide clear access to any attic furnaces.
- Remove any objects in crawl space that would block access especially to the entry.